No, not really. And I just know you won’t laugh. I’ve been practicing looking at myself in the mirror and trying to draw my image without looking at the picture very much. At first, I used a white crayon and drew several practice sketches, finishing them off with a wash of acrylic paint so the white crayon outlines would show. Then, I made this one with pencils. At first, I tried to just catch the basics… no details. I made marks on my paper to get the dimensions of the face closer to reality. Lyric Kinard has instructions for all of these practice sessions in her blog… her link is to the left of this blog post area. After getting the basic dimensions on paper, I used some shading and added some details. I see after looking at her blog today that I need to try again to eliminate making it look perfect and just catch the basic lines. Much work to still do before I can feel I’ve accomplished this skill, but I at least I am practicing. I still haven’t done anything that would fit with the Spill Over theme for the Sketch Challenge, but I have a few days before the end of March. Happy drawing to you! (Drawing removed)© 2010 All images and text are copyright of Mary A. Ritter (aka ‘M Unique) and may not be reproduced without express permission
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Carnegie Photos
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Monday 11/27-30
- Thanksgiving 2017 Sunday 11/26
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Saturday 11/25
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Friday 11/24
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Thursday 11/23
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Wednesday 11/22
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!
- October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, Onward to Bologna