I am about to add the detail and definition to my wall hanging using machine and hand stitches. I feel it still needs something more, and may add a plate around the base of the pineapple. I think the fuchia/purple color in the background gives it a 3 dimensional quality, but am eager to get constructive direction from all you artists out there. I have made a pattern for this pineapple and plan to try making with on fabric with paint stiks also. However, I’d like to get back to a more folk art style, so I may draw a new more stylized pineapple and see where I can go with that. I used many suggestions from Laura Waslowski’s web site on fusing. I think I will also use her tutorial on facing for the edges once I have added a border or two.
I’m always grateful for helpful comments…. that’s what I love about this Sketchbook Challenge approach.
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!
- October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, Onward to Bologna
- October 17, 2017 – Tuesday, Arezzo-Excursion #4-Romena, Poppi, Stia
- October 16, 2017 – Monday, Arezzo-Chef Lalla #3
- October 15, 2017 – Sunday, Arezzo-Siena
- October 14, 2017 – Saturday, Florence Food Tour
- October 13, 2017 – Friday, Arezzo
- October 11, 2017 – Wednesday, Arezzo-Cooking Lesson #2
- October 12, 2017 – Thursday, Arezzo- Excursion #2