Four of us that comprise the Elements of Art Work Group have met with our teacher, Lyric Kinard for the second time. The culmination of our first month of work was to create a small piece of art work that demonstrated a variety of uses of texture. The art work could just be a sample piece of textures, but I had drawn my kitchen chicken as one of the exercises, so I wanted to create my piece with the chicken as a focal point. Notice all of the different textures: a grid of stitches for the background, beading, couched yarn, free motion stitches and more. It is called Chicken Wild Rice Soup because that is the recipe that is printed in the background and which adds more texture.
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- Coming in August 2018!
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Carnegie Photos
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Monday 11/27-30
- Thanksgiving 2017 Sunday 11/26
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Saturday 11/25
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Friday 11/24
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Thursday 11/23
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Wednesday 11/22
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!