Four of us that comprise the Elements of Art Work Group have met with our teacher, Lyric Kinard for the second time. The culmination of our first month of work was to create a small piece of art work that demonstrated a variety of uses of texture. The art work could just be a sample piece of textures, but I had drawn my kitchen chicken as one of the exercises, so I wanted to create my piece with the chicken as a focal point. Notice all of the different textures: a grid of stitches for the background, beading, couched yarn, free motion stitches and more. It is called Chicken Wild Rice Soup because that is the recipe that is printed in the background and which adds more texture.
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!
- October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, Onward to Bologna
- October 17, 2017 – Tuesday, Arezzo-Excursion #4-Romena, Poppi, Stia
- October 16, 2017 – Monday, Arezzo-Chef Lalla #3
- October 15, 2017 – Sunday, Arezzo-Siena
- October 14, 2017 – Saturday, Florence Food Tour
- October 13, 2017 – Friday, Arezzo
- October 11, 2017 – Wednesday, Arezzo-Cooking Lesson #2
- October 12, 2017 – Thursday, Arezzo- Excursion #2