Quite by accident, I rescued a Handi Quilter II from a Good Will delivery this week. A neighbor called to say she was about send hers away, so I decided to set it up and give it a try. I realize that the new Handi Quilters are up to at least #24, so this is one of the old originals. I have to put my Janome machine onto a platform and steer it around, but still it really isn’t all that difficult. I won’t use it to echo quilt unless I gain a great deal of skill, but it works great for bed quilts and donation quilts. So, for today and tomorrow, I am just learning to use the HQII and trying to complete the US Map donation quilt for Project Linus. Then, I will happily return to working on my hibiscus applique and painted quilt. The blossoms are completed and I will get the leaves and center part of the quilt painted early this week…. hopefully in time to show the center of the quilt to you next week. Then, I hope to try printing some light designs on the background before I sandwich it and start echo quilting. Check out what others are doing on Off The Wall Fridays!
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- Coming in August 2018!
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Carnegie Photos
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Monday 11/27-30
- Thanksgiving 2017 Sunday 11/26
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Saturday 11/25
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Friday 11/24
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Thursday 11/23
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Wednesday 11/22
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!