Painting on the hibiscus quilt is complete, so it will soon be pressed to heat set the paint. I painted the leaves and added some background colors this week – copper around the center and a pale yellow around the blossoms to hopefully add the effect of sunshine. Any additional color will come from the stitching – including both thread painting and quilting. I am eager to return to “stitch” instead of “paint”! The direction it will take is in my head, but not drawn out or organized yet. Most likely, I will not sketch it out very much, since it will be mostly echo quilted. Some of the lines in the center may need to be aligned prior to stitching. It could be the size of a queen-size quilt, but may end up more of a wall art size… stay tuned. Drop by at Off the Wall Fridays to see what others are doing this week!
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Carnegie Photos
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Monday 11/27-30
- Thanksgiving 2017 Sunday 11/26
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Saturday 11/25
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Friday 11/24
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Thursday 11/23
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Wednesday 11/22
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!
- October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, Onward to Bologna