After spending two months exploring Spain, I’ve completed my first creative attempt to record that experience. We’ve been home only 10 days, and luckily, this piece was limited to 12″x12″ by the rules committee. I have many pictures from which to draw more ideas, but the work of Antonio Gaudì of Barcelona leant itself most easily to a fabric format. Here’s a peek. It is still en route to SAQA in New Mexico, but should arrive by the deadline tomorrow since it is already in Albuquerque. It is entitled “A La Gaudì” #1. Can’t wait to try more designs using his style as a guide. The online auction of pieces by international artists will begin September 18, but until then you can read about it at the SAQA website. To see my posts and view some pictures of Gaudì’s work, click here, and here, and here, and here, and here. Enjoy!
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- October 16, 2017 – Monday, Arezzo
- October 15, 2017 – Sunday, Arezzo
- October 14, 2017 – Saturday, Florence Food Tour
- October 13, 2017 – Friday, Arezzo
- October 11, 2017 – Wednesday, Arezzo
- October 12, 2017 – Thursday, Arezzo- Excursion #2
- October 10, 2017 – Tuesday, Arezzo Excursion #1
- October 9, 2017-Monday Evening, Arezzo
- October 9, 2017 – Monday, Arezzo
- October 8, 2017 – Sunday, Arezzo