Progress on the “Gypsy Fireworks” wall hanging is happening. Only about 60 more firework blocks to embellish! This shows the first panel of three and it has about eighteen inches which is not showing yet. Too bad the top right blocks started to get off line. I’ll try to do a better job on the next two panels. =-) The piece is based on the design Gypsy Wife By Jen Kingwell Quilting Booklet. I varied from her design by using my own dyed fabrics, turning some of the blocks on point, adding the cityscape along the bottom, and adding the fireworks embellishment. Basically, I liked and used her strippy layout and all of the block patterns. The original design creates one large quilt and I am making 3 panels to hang on the wall. The three panels will create a hanging that is approximately 72″x72″. More to come as I make more progress.
WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT?Scroll to the bottom of the post on which you would like to comment until you see the fine gray print. Click on the word "Comment" or "Leave a Comment"! I'd love to hear from you!
Topics to Select
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Carnegie Photos
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Monday 11/27-30
- Thanksgiving 2017 Sunday 11/26
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Saturday 11/25
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Friday 11/24
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Thursday 11/23
- Thanksgiving 2017 – Wednesday 11/22
- October 20, 2017 – Friday, Milan
- October 19, 2017 – Thursday, Cheese, Pork & Vinegar!
- October 18, 2017 – Wednesday, Onward to Bologna